Monday, June 11, 2012

Best day of your life

I was doing some catch up on my blog reader (I've been so horrible at it lately!) and I came across this challenge. The challenge maker didn't just want to do a week or a month of a challenge, but an entire summer of daily blog posts about different things in your life. Sure, I've missed the first 10 days, but it's better late than never! Plus, this helps me get over my serious bloggers block!!


Going Green with the Grizls


I knew about the title of this blog post last night. I spent all night trying to come up with a good "best day of my life" story. About 30 days came to my mind. Should I write about the day Sailor Man and I met? Our first kiss? Our first trip to Disneyland together? How about the day he proposed? Or the day we got married? How about the day we found out we were pregnant with Goose, or the day she was born? What about Sailor Man coming home from his first deployment? Or the day we found out we were finally pregnant with #2? Our first family vacation to Virginia? Or possibly about how today is going to be a fabulous day because Sailor Man is returning from a long underway.

I can't pick just one unfortunately. I have been blessed in my life to have so many "best" days, that I can't possibly choose just one. Each day mentioned above holds a load of significance in my heart, and how can I say one is better than the other? This was a hard first challenge for me!

As corny as it sounds, and as cliche as it is, the best days of my life are spent with my family. We could sit on the couch, twiddling our thumbs having a staring contest, and it would be great for me. I love being a wife and mother, and I now truly understand why my dad would say "the best times to be had are with your family". Perhaps it's because Sailor Man is leaving, or because Goose is growing up way to fast, but I truly treasure our family time.









2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I soooo agree. The small things often create the very best moments.

Jillian Nicole said...

Its true ... just picking one day is difficult but for me my wedding day started everything off for me. You should check out my post and enjoy what others shared. Its very similar.
I am your newest follower from the Summer Challenge Hop, please follow back.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

PS Love your daughter's name.. very original.

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs