Thursday, September 27, 2012

Care Package: Halloween

Yes, yes this IS a post from me! It's been a while, I know.

Well, some things have happened in the last little bit. Goose and I moved back to Nevada, Sailor Man deployed, Goose started Kindergarten, and I'm almost ready to deliver the baby!

But, as part of the deployment I am making an effort to be more active on the blog. So here is a first of what will be more posts. Not all care package themed but everything in between!

So, I sent Sailor Man a Halloween themed care package this week. I know it's about a month early but it takes a while to get to the ship. I also didn't think to take pictures and make this a blog post until AFTER I sent it. Next time I'll be better!

So this is what it looked like completed. Here is the run down of what I did!

  • I glued "Happy Halloween" tissue paper to the bottoms and sides
  • I glued black and orange paper to the top
  • Goose helped me add Halloween themed stickers to the top
Then for treats I included
  • Candy goodie bags for all the guys in his shop
  • Scary game for his console
  • A scary movie
  • A bag of his favorite candy
  • a bag of pumpkin seeds
  • pumpkin bread
  • home baked cookies
  • Some additional things for his game console
  • A card 
  • and a love note
After I packed everything up I put a spider web on top and then placed "Trick? or Treat?" on it, mailed it up and sent it on it's merry way.

2 comments:

Jess said...

so cute!! I'm working on Halloween care package(s) now too!

Jenny and James said...

Cute! How do you package the bread/cookies so that they stay good? I would love to send treats to nieces and nephews, but never knew how to preserve them. I'm sure he will love it!

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs