Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Month of LOVE: Jenny & James




When James and I "met" it was a very inconvenient time for both of us.  He had just gotten out of a bad engagement, and the guy I was in love with and about to get engaged to had just been killed in a car accident.  Neither one of us was looking for a relationship since we were both healing.  I use to get online and chat while I did my homework at school.  It broke up the monotony of writing multiple papers all the time.  This one day I got on ldschat and saw this guy had a screen name referring to The Phantom of The Opera.  I love musicals, so I figured I'd say hi.  We ended up talking almost daily after that.  We became instant friends because we had so much in common.  It was a little unnerving HOW MUCH we had it common.  It wasn't long after we became friends that I knew I was falling for him, and he felt the same way.  Once I realized I was starting to like him a lot I figured I should ask him what he looked like (since he lived in California and I lived in Utah).  Everything sounded great until he told me he was 5'2".  I'm almost 5'9" so I didn't really know what to do about that.  I am not shallow in any way, but that is a huge difference in height.  He was such a genuine person and seemed to like me though so I figured I would give it a try.  After about a month of talking regularly we finally exchanged numbers and spoke for the first time.  As sappy as this will sound we both said, "I love you."  We started dating that day.  It was a few weeks until I finally got to see him and I can honestly say it was love at first sight for sure.  I couldn't help it he was just perfect for me and I had fun with him.  Our first date was all day and I ended up meeting his whole family...and when I say whole family I mean that literally.  I met aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins as well as his immediate family.  Very intimidating, but I didn't care since I was with him.  After a year of dating (8 months of it long distance and seeing each other only a handful of times) we finally got engaged, 5 months later I came out of the Jordan River LDS Temple as his wife.  It's been almost 8 years since we got married and we now have 3 of the cutest kids you'll ever see.  Life is good :)

1 comments:

James Fabrizio said...

Oh, I love our story :)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs