Quite possibly the easiest recipe in the history of recipes.
First the taco's -
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- Taco fixin's - avocado, cheese, hot sauce, olives, lettuce, cilantro - whatever tickles your fancy
- Place 1/4 jar of salsa at the bottom of a crockpot, mix 1/4 packet of taco seasoning in with it.
- Place chicken breasts on top, sprinkle the rest of the taco seasoning and pour the rest of the salsa on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Take chicken out and shred, add sour cream to salsa mix and stir.
- Return chicken to pot and cook another hour.
Refried Black Beans - Courtesy of Weight Watchers
- 2 cans black beans, 15 oz each
- 1 tbsp. canola oil (I would suggest using olive oil instead for a better flavor)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (As a personal preference, I would increase this to 4 tbsp.)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice (As a personal preference, I would increase this to 1/4 cup. I could barely taste the lime with this amount.)
- Rinse and drain 1 can of beans
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add cumin and garlic, cook 30 seconds stirring contantly
- Add drained beans, the other undrained beans, and salt
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Partially mash bean mixture with potato masher until slightly thick
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice