Friday, May 31, 2013

Homecoming 2013

After 8, very long, months of impatiently waiting, homecoming was finally here! This was going to be our first big homecoming, since during our first deployment he had to stay on the ship so we didn't pick him up later. I have no idea what to expect. I had a picture in my mind, but I just had no idea. I hired a photographer, my mom was with me (my dad and father-in-law did the Tiger Cruise!), and the girls were packed. I packed plenty of snacks, water and things to do.

I had a horrible time sleeping the night before. I kept waking up and looking at the clock, like I would miss it or something. It was awful. By the time I actually fell asleep, it was just about time to get up. My stomach was in knots so I couldn't eat. Goose was anxious to go. Baby S was cranky. Oye, what a day!

We arrived to the base rather quickly, found parking and was waiting nearly 3 hours early. Thankfully the FRG provided things to do. We made 5 more signs, ate food, chatted and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Finally, I spotted the ship pulling into the area. My heart skipped a beat. Or five.



However, after another 45 minutes of waiting while the ship pulled in, my heart was no longer fluttering. It was more that my patience was wearing thin. Goose understood that her daddy was so close, Baby S was done, and my photographer wasn't allowed on the pier.



So we waited a little bit longer until the gates opened and we walked onto the pier. As I passed men and women in uniforms looking for their loved ones, my heart began to pound.

Finally, I saw 2 arms waving in the crowd. As my eyes focused, I laid eyes on my husband. Goose found her daddy and while Baby S didn't know it, her daddy was home.

My family was whole and complete once more. Baby S has taken to Sailor Man like it was no problem (I worried for a long time about the connection they would have, and that was silly of me!), and both girls are very happy to have him home.








3 comments:

Kmelanese said...

Perfect!!! I am so happy for you!!

Jessica Lynn said...

AH! Congratulations!! Homecomings are the absolute best. You get to be newlyweds all over again :)

aweighwithme.com said...

How exciting! I'm very happy for you and your family. :)

Post a Comment

Let's all be adults here, please be respectful in your comments! Thanks for the comment and the love. I'd love to reply to you! If your email is not linked to your comment feel free to add it!

 
Copyright Confessions of a Sailor's Wife Design Copyright Jane Whitney Designs